This is the 10th post on this blog.
Are you a Nigerian? Are you interested in Chicken Farming?
I wish to share with you my little knowledge and farm experience in Poultry Farming.This blog and its posts are targeted at people especially Nigerians who wish to invest in poultry farming business and who need accurate information and guidance about how to go about it.
Poultry farming is one of the most viable businesses any one can do either on a small or large scale. The bulk of Nigeria’s poultry needs is met by imports either directly or by smugglers which confirms the existence of a large market.The present high cost of chicken and eggs indicate the level of scarcity of the products. Besides the ready market awaiting the products, all the needed materials including feed and machinery are locally available here in Nigeria.
On this blog, you will be presented with sincere facts about the business, the beautiful as well as the ugly aspects of the business to give you a balanced opinion to make up your mind.You will see the two sides of the coin very clearly.
Setting up a poultry farm, the following are essential:
1) The chickens have special needs and you as a chicken farmer should be prepared to do what it takes to meet their needs.If you cannot, better to find another business.
2)Set up and operational costs (Cost Analysis)
You need to know the start-up & operational costs of the poultry venture before you start it. Some start foolishly,then get stuck and stranded along the way.The chickens don’t listen to your stories that there is no money to feed them.You must find the money quickly else you lose the whole investment.
3) It is essential that you understand the important and essential aspects of chicken farming which work together to make a profitable farm a reality.What has been posted on this blog is only the tip of the ice in poultry farming.There is much more detail to learn to be able to do well in it.There are essential management issues about the business which must be clearly understood and not to be taken for granted
4) See the business as an investment and pay attention to it.
5) Understand chicken housing design and minimum floor space requirements. Get it right before you start else you are in trouble.
6) The management of the farm is one of the most crucial elements i.e. who will manage the farm. Get an informed, capable and trusted person to manage the farm. If you cannot, please look for another business
For unique poultry reports on effective and efficient farm set up and operations,visit the poultry reports section @ http://www.poultryaffairsng.simplesite.com